Friday, July 2, 2021

NOT YOUR MOM'S DOLLHOUSE by MARY DAVOS SULLIVAN

Not Your Mom's Dollhouse by Mary Davos Sullivan (sp, 2021). Sizes: 0.75" x 1.0"


I don't usually focus on Dollhouse-sized (or 1:12) books but wanted to fill up an empty shelf on a Dollhouse-sized bookshelf that found its way to me. I was introduced to Mary Davos Sullivan's work with Dollhouse-sized books through the Instagram feed of Pulitzer Award-winning art critic Jerry Saltz. Mary's books allowed me to soothe my soul by filling up the middle bookshelf:

BEFORE


AFTER

I don't usually acquire blank books but did for Mary's work through her "Not Your Mom's Dollhouse" project when I realized all this artist needed was the book covers for her "canvas"es. Here's what joined the Miniature Book Library--scenes with books on a table are from Mary's dollhouse photographs:



A CAT GROUP


How To Talk To Your Cat About Gun Safety




The Fucking Cat Just Puked Again



Bitch, The Bowl is Empty





Fuck You & Fuck Your Diet




A DUMMIES GROUP


How Not To Be A Dick For Dummies



My Dick Is This Big by Tucker Carlson




Ted Cruz is a Fucking Tool




Pick Up Your Damn Legos!





The “Year I Was Going to Do Big Things” 2021-2022 Legend Planner






Further reflecting the 2020-21 Zeitgeist, a miniature Vaccination Card!




*

In 2022 I reshelved the books in a chocolate box from Earth & Sky Chocolates (Calistoga, CA). Here are updated photos of the book bon bons:













No comments:

Post a Comment